- ISBN 10: 1451131593
- ISBN 13: 9781451131598
Avoiding Common Prehospital Errors, will help you develop the deep understanding of common patient presentations necessary to prevent diagnostic and treatment errors and to improve outcomes. Providing effective emergency care in the field is among the most challenging tasks in medicine. You must be able to make clinically vital decisions quickly, and perform a wide range of procedures, often under volatile conditions.
Written specifically for the prehospital emergency team, this essential volume in the Avoiding Common Errors Series combines evidence-based practice with well-earned experience and best practices opinion to help you avoid common errors of prehospital care.
Look inside and discover…
• Concise descriptions of each error are followed by insightful analysis of the “hows” and “whys” underlying the mistake, and clear descriptions of ways to avoid such errors in the future.
• “Pearls” highlighted in the text offer quick vital tips on error avoidance based on years of clinical and field experience.
• Focused content emphasizes "high impact" areas of prehospital medicine, including airway management, cardiac arrest, and respiratory and traumatic emergencies.
- Publisher: LWW
- Language: en
- Edition: 1
- Dimensions: Height: 8 Inches, Length: 4.9 Inches, Weight: 0.89948602896 Pounds, Width: 0.7 Inches
- Pages: 452
- Date Published: 2012
- Authors: Lawner DO EMT-P, Benjamin J., Slovis MD FACP FACEP, Corey M., Fowler MD FACEP, Raymond, Pepe MD MPH MACP FCCM FACE, Paul, Mattu MD, Amal