- ISBN 10: 0323028993
- ISBN 13: 9780323028998
The only case-based guide to electromyography—back in a fully revised and updated New Edition! This practical resource examines how to approach, diagnose, and manage the most commonly encoun-tered disorders in the EMG laboratory. Based on actual cases, it correlates patient history, physical exam, EMG findings, relevant anatomy, treatment, and follow-up to help readers sharpen their clinical problem-solving skills. New cases have been added, and every case includes the latest advances in knowledge and technique.
• Features study questions, answers, and clinical discussions of how experts manage cases to help readers work through the problems presented.
• Summarizes the results of nerve conduction studies and EMG data with standardized tables.
• Includes more than 200 relevant imaging studies and anatomic figures.
• Makes information easy to find with a uniform chapter organization.
• Offers a consistent approach to electromyography based on Dr. Katirji's broad knowledge and clinical experience.
• 7 new case studies, including Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsy, Ischemic Monomelic Neuropathy, and Myotonic Dystrophy.
• Three new chapters on Nerve Conduction Studies, Needle EMG Examination, and Specialized Procedures.
• Many new and revised figures that clarify complex information.
Daniel B. Hier
This is a collection of 25 studies in the field of electromyography. The purpose is to teach principles of interpretation of electromyographic data using a case study approach. This book is aimed at residents in neurology and psychiatry who are mastering the electromyographic examination. This book features eight studies involving cases of the lower extremities such as femoral neuropathy, and eight cases involving the upper extremity such as brachial neuritis, and eight cases of the upper and lower extremity such as myasthenia gravis. A brief history of each case is included, as well as a physical examination, a series of introductory questions, a presentation of EMG and NCV findings, an interpretation of findings, and a detailed discussion with illustration and references. This is an excellent supplementary book for residents doing an EMG rotation or reviewing for board examinations. A basic understanding of EMG fundamentals is assumed. Instruction on performing an EMG is not provided, only its interpretation. Residents will find this book both relevant and challenging. It provokes them to apply their skill to the interpretation of commonplace cases.
- Publisher: Mosby
- Edition: 2
- Pages: 432
- Date Published: 2007
- Authors: Bashar Katirji Md Facp