- ISBN 10: 0323049648
- ISBN 13: 9780323049641
Focusing on the manipulation of dental materials most commonly used in the dental office, this comprehensive text discusses the physical, chemical, and manipulative properties of modern materials, allowing dental hygienists and assistants to discuss options with patients. Well illustrated with numerous tables and information on brand names, the 8th edition has been thoroughly revised and updated throughout. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
• Margin notes are used throughout all chapters to further explain difficult terms and to promote the retention of important information.
• Quick Review boxes that concisely summarize critical concepts are included in each chapter to help readers focus on essential issues and prepare them for the self-test questions at the end of the chapter.
• Chapter Objectives at the beginning of each chapter introduce readers to key topics to help improve the comprehension of important information.
• Numerous photographs and drawings enhance understanding through visual learning.
• Tables highlight various types of information to make it easier for readers to learn.
• Self-tests at the end of each chapter in the form of short answer, multiple choice, critical thinking, and true/false questions help readers evaluate their understanding of the material.
• An answer key in the back of the book helps readers conveniently evaluate their performance on the self-tests, as well as their understanding and comprehension of the material.
• Conversion Factors on the inside back cover of the book display commonly used metric measurements and their equivalents in inches and pounds for quick reference.
• A glossary defines important terms used in the book to help readers digest and remember terms without excessive verbiage. All terms in the glossary are highlighted with bold type in the chapters in which they are first used.
• Suggestions for supplementary readings encourage further study.
• A new chapter on Dental Implants discusses types of implants, materials used, maintaining hygienic conditions, and types of scalers.
• Important words or phrases are listed in bold at the beginning of each chapter to introduce readers to new or unfamiliar terms.
• Self-Test Questions at the end of every chapter include true-false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and critical thinking questions to further challenge readers and reinforce their comprehension of the material.
• A second color has been used on illustrations throughout the text to highlight important points more clearly.
• Many additional illustrations help simplify difficult concepts and reinforce text content through visual learning.
- Publisher: Mosby
- Edition: 9
- Pages: 384
- Date Published: 2007-11-09
- Authors: John M. Powers Phd, John C. Wataha Dmd Phd