- ISBN 10: 0443074321
- ISBN 13: 9780443074325
This practical book offers an extensive examination of how manual therapy (MT) techniques work, and how to match the most suitable techniques to different conditions. Drawing on evidence-based research, it explores the physiological, neurological and psychophysiological responses of the human body to MT techniques. In doing so, it helps MT practitioners deliver a more effective and safer treatment for a broader range of conditions.
• Comprehensive overview helps provide an understanding of how and why MT techniques work.
• Content is written in jargon-free, easy-to-read style, with most terms explained.
• Text is enhanced by over 120 diagrams, photographs and tables.
• Manual pain relief is extensively discussed throughout the book.
• Section 1 examines the direct effects of manual therapy on connective tissue and muscle physiology, examining how MT can help assist repair and adaptation processes in these tissues.
• Section 2 examines the effect of MT on the neuromuscular system, identifying conditions where neuromuscular dysfunctions can be treated by MT.
• Section 3 examines the psychological, emotional and behavioral impacts of MT, in addition to the psychophysiological affects of MT, including psychomotor, neuroendocrine, and autonomic responses.
• More than 1,000 references relevant to manual therapy are included, making this an essential source book for students and researchers of MT.
• Content is completely rewritten, extensively updated and expanded, adding new research material, novel clinical approaches, and demonstrations of new techniques and assessments.
• Pain coverage is expanded.
• More information is included on the responses of muscle to mechanical stimuli when applying MT techniques.
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
- Language: Eng
- Edition: 2
- Dimensions: 7.60 (w) x 9.80 (h) x 1.00 (d)
- Pages: 336
- Date Published: 2005
- Authors: Eyal Lederman D.o.