- ISBN 10: 1416032878
- ISBN 13: 9781416032878
PHARMACOTHERAPEUTICS: CLINICAL REASONING IN PRIMARY CARE, 2nd Edition, features a unique clinical reasoning format that provides both the content knowledge and the clinical reasoning skills you’ll need to become an expert prescriber. This in-depth book has been thoroughly revised, updated, and reviewed from cover to cover by a multidisciplinary panel of nurse practitioners and physician’s assistants. Clinical Alerts throughout the text point out potential medication safety risks, and new Evidence-Based Pharmacotherapeutics boxes highlight recent research evidence in drug therapy.
• Unique clinical reasoning format teaches you not only the drug content but also how to use that knowledge in prescribing.
• Pharmacokinetics tables summarize how drugs work within the body after administration.
• UNIQUE! Controversy boxes address current issues in pharmacology from various viewpoints while challenging you to formulate your own opinions and stay current on ethical, legal, and practical issues in pharmacotherapuetics.
• Drug interaction tables provide indispensable drug interaction information to help ensure safe pharmacotherapy.
• Dosage regimen tables give you an overview of adult and pediatric dosage guidelines.
• Emphasis on clinical decision-making has been retained and refocused on clinical reasoning in this edition.
• Case Studies (48 total) feature a treatment plan and a unique Clinical Reasoning Analysis section in which an expert prescriber reflects on the factors that led to a particular drug choice for a patient situation.
• UNIQUE! Evidence-Based Pharmacotherapeutics boxes highlight recent research evidence in drug therapy and feature a research article, the purpose, design, methods, findings, and conclusions of the study, and implications for practice.
• Clinical Alerts throughout the text alert the prescriber to potential medication safety risks and other key drug information.
• New chapters on poisonings, drugs used for migraines, and drugs for bladder, prostate, and erectile dysfunction address important new developments in pharmacotherapeutics.
- Publisher: Saunders
- Language: Eng English
- Edition: 2
- Dimensions: 8.50 (w) x 11.20 (h) x 1.60 (d)
- Pages: 1280
- Date Published: 2008
- Authors: Kathleen Jo Gutierrez Phd Rn Bc-anp Bc-cns