- ISBN 10: 1437778259
- ISBN 13: 9781437778250
The Handbook of Cleaner Production comprises a series of reference guides to cleaner production methods, technologies, and practices for key industry sectors.
Each volume covers, for each industry sector:
• manufacturing technologies
• waste management
• pollution control and remediation
• methods for estimating and reporting emissions
• treatment and control technologies
• health risk exposures for workers and the wider community
• cost data for pollution management
• cleaner production and prevention options
* safe chemical handling practices Best Practices in the Agrochemical Industry includes coverage of pollution of drinking water (atrazine, trichloropropane and DBCP and the risks associated with them, such as miscarriages and infertility), pesticide residues in food, a case study of worker pesticide exposure and cancer, contaminants in organic food, etc.
Extensive data is provided regarding regulatory limits for exposure to pesticides according to EPA, NIOSH, OSHA, WHO and ACGIH.
* Coverage of agrochemical residues and their health impacts, and mitigation strategies
* Includes extensive data tables covering USA and international regulatory requirements (EPA, NIOSH, OSHA, WHO and ACGIH)
* Details safer manufacturing processes and procedures to limit pollution
- Publisher: William Andrew 2010-12-07
- Edition: 1
- Dimensions: 6.20 (w) x 9.10 (h) x 1.10 (d)
- Pages: 320
- Date Published: 2010
- Authors: Cheremisinoff, Nicholas P